Last summer, I extracted a couple frames of honey–just over two quarts. The honey was a light golden yellow and tasted very floral. I left the rest of the honey in the supers for the bees over the winter, but upon my first inspection this year, it was clear that they had not eaten it all, so I decided to extract some of those frames. I ended up with just over two gallons, which is about 24 pounds of honey–not a huge amount and definitely not enough to everyone who has asked for some but pretty impressive for my yard.
I set aside three quart jars for the honey competition at this year’s bee conference and distributed some to my neighbors–it is always good to keep them happy when you have bees in your front yard!